Friday, November 18, 2011

DIY Jewelry Organizer

DIY Jewelry Organizer. 
Made from a wooden cutting board and nails.

I got an old, warped top from a store cardboard jewelry box,
and got a hole puncher to make a place for my earrings.

Here's some jewelry that needs to go on the board.


I actually put the earrings first through the inner part, 
then out of the bottom. 
They seemed to hold better that way. 
But do what you think works best with your earrings!
*Important Note: if you do all your work 
in the bathroom for this project, 
make sure that the sink hole is covered.
Spoiler Alert: You may lose an earring--like I did.

...how it looks from afar...

You can see on the side of the box 
that even my studs fit in the hole punched hole.
But you may want to note that 
the studs only fit because the jewel was large.
If you have a small jewel or diamond or gem, 
this method of hole punched holes
may not be a good idea..for your jewelry's sake.
If that's the case, take a needle and punch a hole through the box.
This should be just enough for your beautiful studs.


Needed a place for bracelets, 
so I hung them on the nails that hang the jewelry organizer.


These were the only tools I used, besides a hole puncher.

FINALLY! A place to put my jewelry in an artistic way.

No comments:

Post a Comment