Friday, May 27, 2011

First homemade wedding card

Nick and I are going to a wedding tomorrow and I thought it would be a great opportunity to craft a keepsake card.
When Nick saw the finished card, he asked me if I had an envelope for it. When I realized I didn't, then I began to make one. This is the back. I used one sheet of paper for the envelope, stapled the sides with one staple each, then scissored a sliver of this decorative chipboard to hold the flap of the envelope in place.
I wanted it to be delicate, but firm when closed, yet easy to open. The card is inside.
Taking out the card...
The card is made from two sheets of special paper. This paper was folded in half (after being cut to fit a desired size). The writing is by hand, and was inscribed with a black fine retractable Sharpie.
This is the inside of the card. I cut this special paper to fit; making it seem as though there is a border of white around it. The writing is by hand with a special black ink pen.
This is the back of the card. The top left corner is a thick sticker that is referenced from 1 Corinthians 13:13, "There are three things that will endure--faith, hope, and love--and the greatest of these is love."
This is the rest of the back of the card.
And here are the card and envelope together!

Looking forward to seeing the wedding tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment