Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mini scrapbook DONE!

Here are the last few squares of the COMPLETED project for this coming Mother's Day...I have so much emphasis on this because I'm an ENFP (according to Myers-Briggs) and ENFPs usually get excited about projects, but rarely finish them. Thankfully, this case is an exception.

Disclaimer: I think my camera is on a weird setting. I'll have Nick check it...

Purple was used as the base color on both squares. The gold lettering are all stickers; from Walmart. I think they were $1-$3. Teal-ish and bright green cardstock was used to accent. The bronze heart in the top right corner was cut from bronze tissue paper. The heart on the bottom right was cut from a gift bag.
The verses are from the NIV and were printed out on cardstock.

Light pink cardstock was used as the base. Dark pink cardstock used as the accent behind the stickers: "m o t h e r" & "love". This is a poem I typed up on my own, and used only one font. I printed it on decorated paper and cut it using the provocraft cutter.

This is the back square!!! the base is orange, and the accents are the decorated paper on top and bottom. Each letter in "t h a n k  y o u" are their own sticker; again from Walmart. And the "M O M" was from a magazine.

I am thankful that God allowed me time to work on this project; that it would be for the encouragement of my mom for all the years of mothering us while sacrificing most of what she had or wanted to do.

I pray that this mini scrapbook be a blessing to her, and to those who see this, that they may be encouraged to encourage their mother; not just on "Mother's Day" but every moment they meet with them.

As we're called to be a blessing, let's choose to be a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment