Monday, April 25, 2011

Mother's Day mini scrapbook

Now that Tour de Engagement is complete (only need a cover), I decided to start a mini scrapbook for Mom for Mother's Day on May 8th.

My friends Gen, her daughter Angel, and I went to a couple of scrapbooking stores today (Hobby Lobby & Archiver's) to get some ideas; as well as to spend some quality time together :-)

Gen found out that I didn't have a cutter, so I now have another tool! This is better than an X-Acto in that you can measure item on which you want to fit the paper/cardstock, then measure the cardstock on this tool to match it up. It also saves you some time, and gives your straighter, nicer-looking cuts!

I found my husband's single hole-puncher! This will help with the the details of the mini scrapbook itself.  In this picture, I have made notes as to what kind of themes may be included in the scrapbook, and how many pages (or in this case boxes, as you will see) it will consume. This helps me keep a tab on my topics, themes, and how many pages I have total.

This is the mini scrapbook! Gen and I found it at Archiver's and thought it would work really well. It's plain and just cries out, "be creative!" Love it. There will be pictures from my mother's past, her family, friends, and now her family and some Bible verses that encourage her as our mother and as a child of God.

I'm looking forward to seeing how God works in this project. I pray it blesses my Mom.

Feel free to comment!

1 comment:

  1. Easy to make!!!

    Wow...This is what i have been looking for and you have done a great job. Beautiful cards.
    scrapbooking stores

    ReplyDelete