Saturday, April 9, 2011

Tools & 1st and 2nd page

I'm not a photographer. Nor does my camera have an adapter that can transfer the photos taken with it to a computer. As a result, the pictures I am posting here (at least for the time being) are taken with Photo Booth. It is a Mac application that normally takes a picture in its mirror image. Hence, these photos will be as if I showed them to you in a mirror. I'm hoping I'll find an adapter to my camera soon...

After using scissors for my 1st & 2nd page, I realized that I could no longer choose to be resourceful when it came to cutting. So I purchased the cheapest X-Acto knife I could find: $2.47 @ Walmart.


This is the first acid-free glue stick I purchased. At less than $3, I was not afraid to buy it as "my first adhesive."


This is my completed first page. It was completed last week.
I purchased a $5 book with various bright-colored cardstock again from Walmart. The hearts are cut from a wedding gift bag that was given to us on our wedding day. We have tons of them left over, so I thought, why not use it?!  The "e n g a g e d" stickers are from a packet that I also bought at Walmart (only $1). These photos on the page are some of our engagement photos done by Brian Koehneke. The reflection is off of the computer screen.


My 2nd almost-complete page! This is where I begin the series of our engagement. We went four places on our engagement day (November 28th, 2009). And I'm planning on making at least one page (as seen above) of each event. I have my pictures in order of sequence.

More on this picture....
1) The pink strips of cardstock on the side are to explain about why we went to Cleveland Metroparks, and why I chose to place those pictures on this page. I have yet to write the description. Nick and I are still working on what we want to explain about each place we visited that day.

2) Next to the logo, I cut out (not with an X-Acto mind you) just Nick and I from one of our engagement photos. For future reference, I will use the X-Acto.

3) The red image next to Nicholas and I is a "Real" logo from some sort of box I found in our apartment.
***I learned that taking random things from literally anything, and using it to benefit your project, is a worthwhile and lifetime-changing idea. I learned this from Gen.

Page #3 is in the works!

1 comment:

  1. This is exciting! A scrapbook blog! I am very impressed so far! I can't wait to see the progress you make! I hope it is a wonderful journey!

    ReplyDelete